Gardino Nursery is a small family-run business that started as a backyard nursery in 1976 growing primarily ferns, orchids, and irises. Today we own a 5 acre retail nursery in Delray Beach, Florida and own over 1,000 different species of plants.
We specialize in rare and unusual tropical plants, but also have a nice selection of Hoya plants and well known tropical fragrant plants.
We are mainly a mail order retail nursery, but also offer wholesale for some plants that we are able to propagate in quantity. We also participate in plant shows and do allow nursery visits by appointment only.
If you are a tropical plant collector and/or avid gardener, you have come to the right place!
- We do not have an open garden center or store. We allow visits/shopping at our growing nursery by appointment only or a call ahead of time only. Yes, we sell to the public.
- Office hours are Monday through Friday 9am-5pm eastern time. If you wish to visit the nursery on the weekend and the office is closed, please call 561-272-1416 to schedule an appointment. Please understand that this number is only for weekend appointments and mail order questions cannot be answered.
- We are a small family-run nursery that has just one phone line and we do our best to answer all inquiries as they come in, but please leave us a detailed voice message if we are away from the office or assisting another customer on the other line.
An e-mail instead is appreciated as they can be answered at any time of the night. Please be patient while we return your e-mails, voice mails, and special requests.
- Minimum order requirement for retail order from our store is $15 in plants (shipping not included).
Minimum order requirement for wholesale is one box filled with the same type of plant. Please see our wholesale page for more information.
- We normally ship rooted starter plants that fit in boxes and that are intended to be grown on by our customers. We provide high quality, healthy, fairly priced, and generously sized starter plants. We ship plants in pots unless otherwise specified.
- All of our photos are for reference purposes only.
We do not guarantee any flowers at delivery nor do we replace plants with broken flowers. Please check out our "what will I receive?" category to get a better idea on our plants, this page is located on the menu at the bottom of the page. We cannot take pictures of the exact plants nor can we measure or count how many leaves are on the plant.
- We offer only outdoor tropical plants/trees/vines and cannot guarantee success with indoor growing without proper care and adjustments.
- We ship only within the United States except for the state of Arizona.
We can also ship to Canada, Puerto Rico, and Virgin Islands. Please request details on these three.
- We ask that you allow us 10-14 working days for your plants to be shipped. Although, often times, items ship much faster than this if weather permitting.
- We do not offer a printed catalog.